Monday 30 January 2012

Sleek Luminaire Highlighting Concealer


I never understand why cosmetics brands make concealers with built in brushes. They tend to hinder rather than help with the blending process, waste product and are unhygienic. Unfortunately this offering from Sleek is no exception in any of those areas, but on a brighter note I do quite like the product inside. Here is a very exciting pros and cons list for your reading pleasure (it’s Monday, lists are about as much as my brain can handle right now I’m afraid):



The Good
 It’s dirt cheap at £6.49.
 It is very pigmented and therefore excellent for covering the dreaded under eye circles that plague my every waking moment.
 This is great for contouring. In fact I would be inclined to use it primarily as a highlighter down the centre of my nose and on top of my cheekbones as opposed to a concealer.


Swatched above and blended out beneath
The Bad
Once applied on the skin it dries out really quickly making it difficult to blend. This makes me apprehensive about using it on blemishes.
The stupid goddamn brush.
The packaging is, dare I say it, a leeeetle bit cheap looking. I can’t help it, I like things to look nice and this doesn’t really cut the mustard for me in that respect. 
The Verdict
I like, but don’t love. This may not set my heart a flutter, but on the other hand I wouldn’t break down in a cold sweat if say, I went away on holiday and this was the only concealer I had taken with me. You may scoff at my attempt to put my feelings about this into perspective with a holiday related anecdote but have YOU ever tried shopping for cosmetics in Greece? I rest my case.
Get your hands on this at www.sleekmakeup.com with £2.95 standard UK delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment