Tuesday 10 January 2012

The Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask - Review


I’m pretty indifferent when it comes to face masks.  This is mainly because I am far too fidgety to allow it to sit on my face for the recommended amount of time. Consequently, nine times out of ten it will have been unceremoniously washed off within approximately three minutes.  Wham, bam, no thank you ma’am.


So you can imagine my enthusiasm upon receiving The Body Shop’s Warming Mineral Mask in my Christmas stocking last month. 


However, it being the season of goodwill and all I decided not to banish it to the back of my wardrobe and I am pleased to announce that I actually quite like it!  For starters it really does warm up when you apply it. This means I can still wash it off after three minutes as per usual (belated NY resolution:  work on patience, or lack thereof) but that’s ok because I can actually feel it working. It’s a really comforting sensation…but the downside is that it only lasts for about 3-4 seconds before disappearing.


Nevertheless it still feels much more luxurious than many other masks I have had the displeasure of trying. Additionally this contains Kaolin clay which is naturally high in zinc and silica, both of which are beneficial for oily or blemish prone skin (It also contains, er, ‘essential oils’, the benefits of which remain a mystery). Overall a good mask for a quick midweek or post party pick me up which leaves my skin feeling soft and soothed.

 The Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask is £9 with £2.99 standard UK delivery at www.thebodyshop.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment